Faults and solutions caused by custom in-ear hearing aid shells2022-02-18
Customized hearing aids are customized according to the contour of the external auditory canal of hearing-impaired patients, which inevitably leads to the problem of adaptation between the shell and the external auditory canal. The common shell size is too small or too large, which will cause various discomfort of hearing-impaired patients.
Custom in-the-ear hearing aid shell size is too small
The shell size of in ear hearing aids is too small, especially complete ear canal hearing aids and ear canal hearing aids. Because the shell size is too small, if it is worn too loosely, it will sometimes slide out of the external auditory canal. Especially when the hearing-impaired person's oral movement, such as talking and yawning, the external auditory canal will creep, which will lead to the outward movement of the hearing aid. At the same time, the hearing aid is also easy to produce acoustic feedback.
The solutions to this problem are as follows:
- When the external auditory canal of the original ear impression is long enough, lengthen the length of the external auditory canal of the shell, increase the thickness of the second bend, and improve the coincidence between the shell and the external auditory canal.
- When the original ear print ear canal part is not long enough, let the hearing-impaired patient open his mouth, take the ear print again, and remake the shell to ensure that the external ear canal part exceeds the second bend.
- If the external auditory canal of hearing impaired patients is short and straight, and the shell repair and rework cannot be solved, the shell can be supported by ear tail lock, or the type of hearing aid worn more firmly can be changed, such as changing the complete ear canal type to ear canal type and ear canal type to ear nail cavity type.
Custom in-the-ear hearing aid shell size is too large
The shell size of the in ear hearing aid is too large, especially for the hearing impaired patients with heavy hearing loss. In order to prevent acoustic feedback, the shell is often made larger. At this time, the tighter the contact between the shell and the external auditory canal or the ear nail cavity, the greater the pressure exerted by the shell, resulting in discomfort. In addition, the external auditory canal will be longer. At this time, the sound pipe or prominent anti earwax device is easy to touch the wall of the external auditory canal and cause discomfort. These will make users refuse to wear hearing aids due to stuffy blockage, pain and difficulty in taking and wearing.
The solutions to this problem are as follows:
- Polish the part with high local pressure without causing acoustic feedback, or shorten the part of external auditory canal.
- If the sound tube touches the wall of the external auditory canal, adjust the angle of the sound tube to make the direction of the sound hole consistent with the direction of the external auditory canal.
- If the protruding anti earwax device is against the ear canal wall, replace the appropriate anti earwax device.
- Take back the ear impression and remake the shell, but avoid too small to cause acoustic feedback.
Hearing aid earmold replacement
If the shell of the in-ear hearing aid is too small or too large to cause discomfort, you need to replace the shell, which means that you need to remake the ear mold to make it more comfortable to wear and improve your hearing.
About AUSTAR Hearing Aids
AUSTAR is a professional hearing aid manufacturer and supplier in China, as well as an OEM hearing aid manufacturer. Specializing in the production of affordable digital OTC and programmable hearing aids, and use our own fitting system software for programming hearing aids to ensure superior quality of hearing aid and make price competitive in this industry.
Hearing aid advantages:
Rich product structure
AUSTAR hearing devices cover traditional hearing centers and hospital fitting hearing aids, as well as online retail OTC hearing aids, with traditional batteries and convenient rechargeable BTE hearing aids to choose from. Common types of hearing aids are: BTE, RIC, CIC, ITC, ITE and BTE open-fit.
AUSTAR hearing aid products focus on humanized design, sound control, program switching, ergonomic design, to avoid misoperation, and the operation method is suitable for all ages.
The AUSTAR hearing aid brand was founded in 2003, with 19+ years of professional experience in the production and sales of hearing aids, in Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Latin America, the brand is well-known at home and abroad.
Contact us now to start your hearing aid business.