What should the family members of hearing loss patients pay attention to?2021-06-23
Communicating with People with Hearing Loss, If you are speaking with someone who has a hearing impairment what should you do? Hearing loss not only affects patients' listening and communication, but also affects their lives, psychologically, and emotionally, so our family needs to give them more patience and care.
- Both parties should talk face-to-face, preferably within 3 meters;
- Keep the sound intensity moderate, speak as clearly as possible, and avoid shouting;
- The speech speed remains stable. If the hearing impaired person cannot hear clearly, the speech speed can be reduced appropriately, not too fast;
- Avoid talking in a noisy environment;
- Attract the attention of the hearing-impaired before speaking, and notify the hearing-impaired before changing the topic;
- Family members do not cover mouth shapes or facial expressions during communication, so that hearing-impaired people can better obtain information;
- The speaker should try to use short and clear sentences, and try to simplify the complicated sentences as much as possible;
- When the hearing-impaired person does not hear clearly, you can change to another more concise and easy-to-understand expression.
Although hearing-impaired people with the help of hearing aids or cochlear implants, these two are only auxiliary tools after all and cannot restore the wearer's normal hearing. What the hearing-impaired people need most is to be accepted and understood by others.
- Family members should give more positive and positive feedback to the hearing-impaired, and encourage them to listen and talk more;
When communication is not smooth, family members need to be more patient and not show impatience. Otherwise, it will be easier for the hearing-impaired to use hearing aids.
For hearing-impaired people, especially children or the elderly, they may not be able to maintain their hearing aids well, or they may not be able to make a good judgment when a hearing aid fails. As family members, we need to always pay attention to the condition of their hearing aids and help clean and maintain them on time. To ensure that the hearing aid always provides the best hearing aid. It is recommended to use a rechargeable BTE hearing aid, or a rechargeable CIC hearing aid, to save the trouble of replacing the battery.
Hearing and hearing aid effects
Hearing-impaired people sometimes cannot find that their hearing conditions and hearing aid effects have changed, or find that they have not expressed them. At this time, we need our family to pay more attention and judge by some small daily details. For example, wearing hearing aids only needs to be normal before. It can be heard at the volume, but now it needs a louder sound or it needs to be repeated many times to hear clearly, then the hearing of the hearing-impaired person or the hearing aid effect of the hearing aid may have changed, then the family needs to help the patient make an appointment with audiologists, re-evaluate their hearing or adjust hearing aid parameters in order to achieve the best hearing aid effect.
As family members, it is necessary for us to understand the deafness and mental state of the hearing-impaired, master the correct communication methods, the correct way to use hearing aids, and maintain love and patience in communicating with the hearing-impaired. Patience and participation of family members will help increase the confidence of hearing-impaired people in using hearing aids and the effectiveness of hearing aids.