Hearing Loss

Why is it still hard to hear with the most expensive hearing aid?


Is the more expensive hearing aid on the market, the better? In fitting work, we will hear complaints from some users, such as “I can't hear clearly when I am equipped with one of the most advanced and expensive hearing aids or brands”, “I can't hear clearly when I have spent so much on hearing aids” and so on.

A hearing aid is a device designed to improve hearing by making sound audible to a person with hearing loss. Hearing aids are classified as medical devices in most countries, and regulated by the respective regulations. Small audio amplifiers such as PSAPs or other plain sound reinforcing systems cannot be sold as "hearing aids".

Hearing aid brands and prices

Will products at different prices affect the sound quality of hearing aids? The answer must be yes.

Hearing Aid Reviews

The more expensive the hearing aid is, the richer its functions are and the more advanced the technology is, so as to meet the higher listening needs. However, the price is not the only factor affecting the sound quality of hearing aid, and it is better to say that the suitable one for users is the best. Our latest mini rechargeable digital hearing aids are affordable and popular with hearing-impaired people. Let's look at the factors that affect the sound quality of hearing aids?

1. User's listening

The types of hearing loss, the degree of hearing loss and the direction of audiogram have certain influence on the listening effect. For example, if the user has no residual hearing, the better hearing aids can not achieve the effect.

2. Is the power of hearing aid appropriate

The power selection of hearing aids is very important. Too large or too small can affect the listening effect. For example, if the user's hearing loss reaches 100 dB, but the hearing aid with ordinary power is selected, then the amplified sound of the hearing aid can not meet the user's demand, so it is impossible to listen clearly. Therefore, only when hearing aids of suitable power are selected, can we hear comfortably and clearly. If your hearing loss is less than 70dB and you like the type of hearing aid in the ear, then the rechargeable cic hearing aid is very suitable for you.

3. Binaural selection

If both ears have hearing loss, hearing aids are recommended. If both ears have hearing loss and only one ear is worn, it is easy to cause asymmetry of hearing threshold of both ears, resulting in loss of sense of direction and balance, and the ear that is not worn is prone to hearing deprivation

4. Speech recognition rate of users

The speech recognition rate affects the user's speech listening ability, which determines whether the user can understand the speech. If the user's speech recognition rate is low, no matter how light the hearing loss is, no matter how expensive the hearing aid is, the user may only hear the voice, and cannot understand the meaning of the voice

5. Level of Hearing Fitting Engineer

There is a saying in the listening industry that 30% of the effectiveness of hearing aids is determined by hearing aids, and the remaining 70% is determined by the fitting engineer. Therefore, in the selection of hearing aids, we must go to a professional fitting center and find a qualified fitting specialist for fitting.

Hearing Test

There are many factors that affect whether hearing aids can hear clearly. Hearing aids can help hearing impaired patients to listen by amplifying and processing the sound, but there is no way to replace our own cochlea and auditory system to analyze and identify the sound, which is impossible to achieve the effect of normal ears. Therefore, we should have reasonable expectations before fitting. Gradually adapt to the initial discomfort of wearing, actively practice, make hearing aids become practical and effective, become a good helper in life and work.

AUSTAR is a leading manufacturer of hearing aids in China, specialized in research and development, production and sales of hearing aids and hearing equipments.

All 0 comments